Wednesday 8 February 2012

High above me.

You know how it feels like to feel content about everything that is going on in your life ?

Alhamdulillah, I am feeling it, right here, right now. And for that I am lost at words with the blessings that God has bestowed upon me throughout my journey in life. I am gratefully thankful.

College just started for me. At first, I was scared and nervous. I didn't know what to expect since I'll be meeting new people, making new friends. And I was alone, all alone with no one I knew. But I think, as far as I'm concerned and as far as the world is concerned, I made it through. God knows what the future holds but believe me, I am a much stronger person now than I ever was before.

The first day of college, the first minute I walked in was the hardest and the most nerve-wrecking moments of my life. Somehow I learned plenty from that day. I realized that I am no longer a kid anymore. And it occurred to me, how amazing the sacrifices my parents have made just so I could have a roof over my head, good food to eat, pretty clothes to wear and most of all a load full of never-ending love from the both of them. As a child, what more could I ask for ?

Many say I'm conservative and cliche. It's alright. It's the 'in-thing', these days to judge someone before you know them anyway. But I don't mind, it just shows how shallow minded people are and how ironically judgmental they can be. It's pathetic and scary, really, but when it's already the nature of humanity, we cannot say much but to just agree. No ?

Here's to a better future.

Much love.